Recover your lost Gmail password via your cell phone
Google has implemented a new feature wherein it is now possible to retrieve your lost Gmail password via your cell phone. But for that to happen, you will first have to enable this new feature in your Gmail account. This is how you do it …
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Go to “Settings” > “Accounts” tab and click on “Google Account Settings” link.
- You will be taken to a separate page where you can change your password and other account details.
- Here click on the link “Change password recovery options”.
- You will be asked to enter your Gmail password again for security reasons. Enter your password and click “Verify” button.
- In the corresponding page, click on “Add a mobile phone number” link in the “SMS” section and enter your country and mobile number.
- Click the “Save” button.
Now the next time you lose your Gmail password, all you have to do to recover the password is to enter your user name on the Google Password assistance page and Google will instantly send a text message containing the recovery code to your mobile phone.
[Source : Gmail blog]