PyScrabble – Play Online Scrabble Game for Free
PyScrabble is an online, multi-player Scrabble game.
To start playing this game, you have to first download and install the PyScrabble client program.
If this is your first time then you should register yourself on a public server. This can be done from within the PyScrabble client software itself.
PyScrabble then shows a list of public servers and your login screen. Select a public server from the list and enter your username and password.
The following picture shows an online Scrabble game in progress in PyScrabble.
As you can see the interface is as good as the original Scrabble board game and supports all its options.
The following is a screenshot of the chat view.
Here you can publicly chat with other people, send private messages to them, start a new Scrabble game or just watch an ongoing game.
- Ability to chat with all users connected to a server, send private messages and offline messages.
- Player rankings and server statistics. This includes the ability to track your overall record and your record against other players.
- Ability to play in simultaneous games.
- Use of ENABLE (Enhanced North American Benchmark LExicon) for English word look up.
- Timed Games.
- Supports 5 languages – English, Finnish, French, German, Serbian.
The PyScrabble client program is developed entirely in Python and runs on Windows and Linux platforms.
If you are using Linux, you can install PyScrabble from your Linux distribution’s repository. Windows users can download the program from its website.