High Pressure Water Jet Cleaner
A High pressure water cleaning unit (water jet cleaner) is a mechanical sprayer that, depending on nozzle size, can be used as a low volume high-pressure water cleaner or a high volume low pressure water cleaner to remove loose paint, mold, grime, dust, mud, and dirt from surfaces and objects such as buildings, vehicles, and concrete road surfaces.
Recently, I hired a water jet cleaning unit to clean the outside of our home. If you want to clean your home of all the dirt and grime, I highly recommend using a high pressure water jet cleaner.
If you take a look at the photos I snapped before …
… and after the process,
… you will agree that it is a remarkable way of removing dirt, grime, and moss.
High pressure water jet cleaner
The high pressure water jet cleaning unit itself is quite compact and portable – It has to be.
It draws a power of 1800W at 220-240V. The pressure washer unit supports a maximum pressure of 16Mpa and a working pressure of 11Mpa.
Water flows through the nozzle at a constant rate of 6 Liters/min.
It has a maximum inlet temperature of 60C.
It took me 3 days to clean the outside of my house. And I had to pay Rs 350 ~ USD $7 per day as rent for the pressure washer unit.
But seeing the end result, I feel the money spent was worth it.
Advantages of high pressure water cleaning
- Cleans thoroughly.
- Saves time – The cleaning process is relatively quick and involves directing the pressure water jet at the desired area.
- Ideal for places where there is plenty of water.
Disadvantages of high pressure water cleaning
- Costly – I had to rent the water jet cleaning unit. And it cost money.
- Consumes power – At 1800W, and running the pressure washer unit throughout the day, your electricity bill could shoot up for the month.
- Wastes water – It is not suitable for use at places where there is water scarcity. At an outflow of 6L/min, it uses lots of water.