Chandler – A Free GTD and Collaboration Software
One of the most effective techniques of staying organized and being productive is by creating and maintaining a list of tasks you want to accomplish. You should regularly track and update what is on your list and try to follow it within the schedule.
Chandler is a software which allows you to do just that. Chandler (in the words of its developers), is an open source note-to-self organizer designed for personal use and small group collaboration.
Chandler comprises a desktop application, sharing service and web application.
Here is how the Chandler desktop application looks like.
Features in Chandler
- Now-Later-Done triage status for each items in the list.
- Schedule tasks according to priority.
- Integrated calendar which allows you to track notes, to dos, and events.
- Collaborate and share your lists with other Chandler users.
- Easily backup your notes and lists with the click of a button.
- Access and modify your lists where ever you go via the free online Chandler hub. What ever changes are made from the Chandler hub web interface are reflected in your Chandler desktop application and vice versa.
- Categorize your lists into collections. For example, you can create a new collection called “Work” and assign all the tasks related to your office to this collection.
- Secure your data with a master password.
To get a taste of how useful Chandler is to keep your life organized, watch the following 3 minute video that demos the main features of Chandler and its general usage.
Chandler is an open source program and is available for multiple platforms including for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.