22 Tips On Performing Well In An Interview
Facing an interview and doing well in it always involve some amount of luck. But more times than none, the outcome of an interview depends heavily on the kind of image the candidates project and what they say or do in front of the interviewer.
Here are 22 tips which will help a person do well in a job interview.
- Don’t spend too much time on Cover letters – Not many interviewers read them.
- Tailor your resumé for the specific job – Your resumé will get only 10 seconds.
- Be punctual for the interview. Being late is no excuse.
- While facing the interviewer, turn off your cell phone.
- Prior to attending the interview, do research on the company and why you want to work there.
- Carry multiple copies of your resumes with you.
- Bring a notepad. Could be useful to take down notes.
- Dress in a clean and conservative way.
- Take down any embarrassing profiles you have in your Facebook or MySpace account. Or rather, make them private.
- Don’t make jokes. Smile but be serious.
- Don’t babble.
- Don’t talk ill about your former boss.
- Don’t flirt with the interviewer.
- Keep your hands on your lap. Don’t play with your face or hair.
- Do not talk about your spouse’s job.
- Have good eye contact.
- Honesty (sometimes not) the best policy.
- Have goals.
- Have accomplishments.
- Have passion.
- Ask questions.
- Send a thank you note.
Source : howtonailaninterview.com
No related posts.